Tuesday 20 March 2012

Italian foods....from fruits to prosciutto to chocolate

Violets are blooming. I see the market down the street is getting their Easter cakes in boxes already out, ready to go. Now they have one that is the shape of a bell! Clever, always thinking of something new, something to get people's attention and get them to buy!
When I got to Italy, many many years ago, women would cook so much more than they do now. Now the buy ready made products. They still cook, but times have changed. I still cook!!! I hardly buy anything processed. But I have always enjoyed very healthy cooking. Let me see what I have to show you here...in my file called FOOD.....
AH HA.....here we have some young men slicing the famous prosciutto, delicious ham on a bone, that if you cut it thin, lasts for months. I have never had one of these in my home, buy it when they slice it for me in the shops. And when it is good, it is very very good! And at this event, it was delicious.

Please excuse me if I don't turn this mouth around, but you are going to eat it anyways, aren't you??
It came from a shop here in Perugia...with the most exquisite and delcious chocolates. They were so so good! My mother - in-law sent them to my parents and I tell you, they were absolutely fantastic.

Do you like pasta? What a silly question!!! These are the famous cappelletti. They are filled with meat and served in a meat broth. And if you ask me if they are good......well...........; )

No words are needed here. Just think chocolate. Sweet. Delicious. Think heaven!! Soft, creamy, divine! Think I WANT ONE!!! OR TWO...OR ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, this is not a flower...it is a salad!! And it is really good! Of course the flavor is delicate, that is obvious. And the leaves are soft, and tender. But they are almost too pretty to eat! And definitely if you like to take photos of them, you will take one before you eat it. Like I did.
Grilling takes time, on a small grill like I have...BUT....these zucchines are so good like this! You grill them and then pour on a little olive oil. They are so yummy! Try it, easy to do, takes a litte time but worth it.

Nothing like a nice messy juicy fruit snack at the computer. That is just what I am about to eat here now. Half a dozen oranges from Southern Italy. No, not really. I was just having fun when I got them, taking pictures of them all over the house, looking for the right lighting.
Well, that is all for now. Hope you enjoyed seeing some of the foods that have come into my home here in the ol' country, Italy.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.