Monday 20 May 2024

HALL OF FAME NOMINATION FOR MY FATHER STEPHAN SEYMOUR

 HALL OF FAME NOMINATION FOR MY FATHER

Stephan Seymour, my father, has just been nominated to be included in the Hall of Fame of Pennsylvania's High School.

I was informed about this through my friend Kevin McGill who told me that Gerry Stemplewicz, the chairman of the Pennsylvania High School Track and Field Hall of Fame committee would contact me about this extraordinary nomination.

Mr. Stemplewicz did contact me through email and said that he had had difficulty in locating family of my father. Nevertheless, he did eventually find me due to my blog, that led him to Kevin, who led him to my email address. Persistance and hard searching does pay off. I'm glad he kept on trying, and that all the pieces led to letting me know about this.

So, on May 25th, in just a few days, the following ceremony will take place. As it reads in Gerry's letter, 

"The induction ceremony will take place furing the PIAA State Championship Meet on Saturday, May 25th. Your father will be honored along with 13 other individuals. I know this is very short notice and a long distance away, but I wanted you to at least be aware of this honor and I would be happy to send you his plaque and some programs.

Individuals are elected in the categories of Male Athletes, Female Athletes, Coaches, Copntributors to the Sport, and Alumni. Your father was elected in the Alumni category which recognizes outstanding achievements and contributions by PA athletes beyond high school."

So, this is very exciting news and a priviledge to share in on such an honorable event. Of course, anyone in the area, if it is possible for you to show up and take a few photographs of this, it would be even more meaningful knowing someone that I know went to it.

Thank you once again Kevin for being part of uniting my dad's memory and his love for sports and the javelin after so many years, and also to the committee chairman at my father's high school in Pennsylvania, Gerry Stemplewicz for this wonderful honor for my father.







No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.