Thursday 23 August 2012

I Vinarelli - a close up look

August 20, 2012 -- busy putting my drawing on watercolour paper, ready to paint with....

                                                                   wine and watercolours.

                          To my left, friend, artist and photographer, well-known Pietro Crocchioni.

Here I am with Sylvie Béal, Mayor of Culture of Torgiano, and Pietro Crocchioni.

Getting to work with a spray gun...filled with WINE and a bit of color from my watercolours.


My first painting of the evening, swimmers with caps and glasses, each one holding a wineglass, while swimming. I was inspired by the Olympics, and the rest came with the event i Vinarelli, where everyone paints with wine and watercolours, each year during this event.

Pietro painted three pieces, I did two of them. Here I am  cutting out curls that is the hair of the woman I painted, and then coloured with wine. 

A very very hot evening, but passed in a fun and original way, with old friends and new ones made that evening.

Getting ready to "shoot" my painting with wine!

Here is Pietro at work, being filmed, while another painter, Stefania, looks on, and also Emanuele Ferlicca of Perla Arredamenti, Assisi. 

And then, my turn....

Here I am working on my second painting, the first one is drying.

Here is the long table where 80 artists painted, and altogether I believe that we were 150 people to have dinner.
Quite an event, fun, and although warm, a very good turnout.
The Vinarelli continue this week and the last day is the 25th of August. Still time to come around and see the artshows, and enjoy the lovely town of Torgiano. See you here tonight, I will be there!


No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.