Sunday 8 April 2012

Siena, Italy - Easter day with family and friends

Fabulous day in a lovely home of friends in Siena, Italy. We were about 20 people, enjoying a guided tour of the Duomo of Siena and extraordinary sections that had been reconstructed only since 1999. Beautifully exquisite artworks, complicated architecture, wonderful company with new friends from Italy, Germany, Switzerland, and our immediate family including both daughters who have been away. Very nice morning walk and tour, afternoon lunch with specialties both from Naples in Southern Italy, and Perugia where I live, plust typical chocolates from both Venice area, and brought from Germany. Spumante, good wine, and special cakes including the pastiera from Naples, and ciaramicola from Umbria.
Here are some of the photos I took (without retouching, just too many to do now and we are out again to celebrate Pasquetta -- the day after Easter, so please excuse me, but here they are!) This is the first group....must get going, the others will be posted next time.

Typical Italian Easter eggs in this bar, where we had our first stop for a cappuccino. The eggs each contain a surprise inside.

Funny, they were selling sandwiches with the famous roasted pig porchetta.

Foutain in front of my friends' house.


Our group, getting the beginning of the tour on the way to the Duomo.

                                                         Some typical ceramics from Siena.



Our tickets held by our friend, Tommaso.


Yes, my feet on a glass panel above another floor way way below.

Double image of a glass mosaic.

Italian cheese bread "Torta al formaggio" above, and various apetizers from Germany, below.

Magnificent centerpiece made with artichokes and flowers.

A view of a quick shot I took while walking to the parking lot after a full and wonderful day.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.