Saturday 6 October 2012

L.A. Impressions

Drove several miles to the framer and my photographs are now awaiting framing.
In twenty-four hour's time, I now saw these differences and unusual things, much different from Italy, from my life in Italy, and things that for me at least, stand out:

1. Great old cars, that have been fixed up in unusual and fun ways, colorful, original.
2. Great mood of people, friendly, smiley, ready to share a word or a smile.
3. Long long streets, with grey-ish skies, no hillsides around me, or if they are there, not easy to see.
4. Advertising comes to the home with the pet's name inserted! Like we in Italy receive pubblicity stating "Dear Mr. Rossi....." here it has the cat's name on the pubblicity!
5. SUPER music on the radio. Unusual instruments, the newest kinds of sounds, as well as the vintage good old music from long ago.
6. Straight streets, not curvy like in Perugia. The lights often have numbers counting in lit-up bright lights 10, 9, 8, 7...giving you time to either speed up and make it through or slow done. There is no guessing, you just have to count and stop. Practical and easy.
7. At the airport they take the bags off the conveyer belt, al ready to easily pick up and take away.
8. At the bus station you pay after your ride with a credit card. Slie it thruough the machine and the receipt comes out. All with the help of an employee who stands there telling you what to do.
9. At the banks, candies for children, coffee and as my dad told me, at one bank they give you a bottle of water after you have finished (this IS a very hot city, right now cooled down, but imagine this in the summertime in Italy, what a treat!).
10. In 24 hours this is what I have seen and felt. There will be a lot to see and learn while I am here. I love changes, I love newness. They don't have the natural beauty we have in Italy, not in this area of the town, but there is still a lot to see and learn, and I plan on keeping my eyes open.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.