Wednesday 7 November 2012

Thirty motorcycles

Here I am, in the room that was once mine, many years ago. There is the computer now, an old painting of mine done at about 20 years old. I hear the traffic outside, and just now, about 30 motorcycles drove by, quickly making a huge noise, one motor after the other speeding by.
This city is filled with stimulus. When people don't get enough of it during the day, it continues into the night, like these young people on motorcycles.
Constant movement and things going on. I realize now the part of me that is more American -- the part that likes to do lots of different things. THAT is more American for sure.
I have met people who have one or two or more hobbies, and have gotten college degrees at a late age.
Today a woman in her seventies was buying a new computer, young people were waiting in line to speak to a doctor and then I found out they were marajuana patients as well, curing themselves with it, as some do here. Young people working in stores are polite, they make you feel they want to help, and they do. People in cars leave plenty of space between them and you and so there isn't this tense feeling like there is in Italy.
Traffic day and night, but not condensed on the city streets like in Perugia, Italy.
There is space.
There is lots of space!!
Well, the cars are still passing by quickly outside and I am about to get to bed. It is 11pm here, and in Italy it is 9 hours later. People are getting up, I am going to sleep. And the motorcyclists are going out to party, I would imagine.
Good night to half of the world, and to the other half, keep on biking.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.