Saturday 14 September 2013

Vittorio Gorini and the competition in Perugia of the wildest creation


Photo by Marco Giugliarelli, Perugia 

And here is MARCO GIUGIARELLI, photographer for a well-known newspaper here in Perugia.

Some of you may wonder why I am sitting on this.....!! Well, Vittorio Gorini was an 

incredible "personaggio" of Perugia years ago: an inventor, a writer, a well-known speaker

 on the streets of the city, AND he created these amazing "mobiles" such as this one with a 

real toilet as the seat. He would peddle these inventions around town, sound off the horns 

(this one has a tube you blow into for a loud sound), and behind me, parked on the street 

is a real bed with wheels, that he would pedle around. HIs words were modern, and 

helpful to society in many ways. Look him up on the net for more enlightening facts about 

his life. An interesting book was written about him by Angelo Fanelli, president of the 

Liberto Pensatore association (Free Thinker) called "Fate Poco" (Do Little).

Anyhow, yesterday there was the fourth competition of the craziest and wildest invention, 

and there were lots of different people who read poetry, displayed paintings, performed

dancing, skits, a various array of talents. We, the judges, watched all and voted carefully

and at the end of the evening, awarded 5 liters of wine to the first three places. An amusing

trophy created by a young artist was given to the SECOND place winner (as Gorini believed

a prize should be given).

Fun evening, and met some nice people, including the judges above, Enrico, Dalia and Iris.


1 comment:

Mr.YLeK said...

Nice blog, i will come back soon. visit me back please

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.