Sunday 25 March 2012

Cartooning

Cartooning has helped me get through life. I have always loved to express on paper the difficulties I have had in life, whatever that might be, but mostly regarding relationships with people. People are so darn interesting!
And how they think, and how they act, so often is perfect material for a cartoon.
I often say, "If THAT which just happened which seems so terribly serious, just happened in a film you would laugh at it!"
We just don't take things lightly, but we dwell on things and worry about them...
If one could just lighten up, even draw a cartoon about people, and get it out of their system.....
Well, not that I am a pro at that, but I often put cartoons in the front of my husband's face, and what seemed like a problem becomes a funny event, something to smile about.

A LITTLE DREAM OF MINE...............I would LOVE to do a cartoon column somewhere, somehow, for someone who appreciates my work. Just in case you out there in "Blogland" have an idea for me..........just drop me a little note, my email is on my website http://www.stephanieseymour.it/ OR seemoreart_4u@yahoo.com

So here are some old and new cartoons...just a few of hundreds.
Smiles and advice to "lighten up".


This is a sort of political cartoon...using all the tv shows regarding political discussions. It just does not translate well, sorry!

She says "Hard times. Actually, for me it hasn't been too rough. But for Italy and for the world, nothing is going very well actually. It makes me feel badly to say that for me it isn't very bad when even I am part of the world....Even though in the world it isn't very good, it probably isn't bad on the moon. Look at how beautiful it is!"

Terrace Jazz....here in Umbria we have the magnificent Umbria Jazz. This is a little ink being dropped onto the pavement outside my house...creating this piece of music!


Here, a young housewife combines music with her housework


"Let's stop going to school. Guys don't like women who are too intelligent"


"One day I told myself I'm going to have a nosejob. And I'm going to re-do my mouth. I am going to do my wardrobe all over, have my nails done, and have my breasts enlarged! I'll get myself in shape, and then I'll eat a box of chocolate....'cause I'm just in the mood!" (the expression mi fa gola, works better in Italian...but hope you get the idea)

"I'll love you til maternity" (this may work better in Italian too!)

Have a good day, night, afternoon. ; )
Stephanie

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.