Monday 25 June 2012

Bettona Daylight Digital - photography competition

On June 24th in Bettona, Italy (a lovely hilltown in Umbria, not far from the city of Perugia) a photography competition took place. The three themes of the day were - Flowers, Lens on the center, and Tools of the Trade.

Here are three of my photographs -- this is a little flower which was in a pot  on a window ledge. I liked the fact that it seems to be alone, and almost imprisioned or free from the  metal frame behind it.
I chose to use black and white, knowing that everyone would be tempted to use color (the city of Bettona was totally decorated for another event going on in town with flowers decorating the windows and streets of the town, all traffic stopped for the day for this occasion).


This is a photo for the theme "Tools of the trade". A kind woman let me into the workshop of her late husband. These are both her hands, but almost seem to be the hands of two people, even united in memory. The woman was extremely kind, letting me photograph her and the tools in the work shed.  With these photos I also was pleased to be chosen as the winning photographer for this year for a special award going to the photos that are the most humane, the more human interest photos.

This shot is actually two photographs taken as a double exposure. There was a pot of flowers above me, with the sky in the background. I took the picture from two different angles and what came out was this.

The second award I won was second place in the public's jury.

The event was very well organized and it was a pleasure to partecipate in it. My compliments to the organizers for an excellent job.


1 comment:

DinDon said...

Brava, Stephania !

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.