Sunday 10 June 2012

CHINESE FOOD PREPARED BY CHINESE FOR AMERICAN (ME) AND ITALIAN (MY HUSBAND) IN BERLIN GERMANY

SOUNDS STRANGE, but this is exactly what happened. We were in Berlin, my first time in Germany...last June, and there we visited our Chinese friend. His Chinese friend whom we had met before,  invited us to a fabulous meal in his home.
Here is his modest kitchen in a small apartment in Berlin, and these are the many dishes he prepared for us. 

Here is the kitchen.

And these are part of the dishes he prepared. 

The dishes are often based on vegetables, and meat or fish. 
Soy sauce is used to pour over the dishes if you prefer. 
AND FOR DESSERT...these very odd round gummy gooey little balls. I believe they are made out of flour, in fact, supposedly some have died while eating them for how gooey they are....easy to get stuck in ones throat!

The first bite, didn't really convince me.....but then eating one after another, they sort of taste better as one goes along!!
Chinese sweets are not anything like the sweets we eat in the USA or in Italy. They are not really very sweet at all. But they were pretty good, and after a big meal of vegetables and meat and fish, it seemed the right way to finish...with just a little something sweet.



1 comment:

Noodle restaurant Brisbane said...

That looks nice, i hope you are both satisfied. Asian food is my favorite :)

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.