Tuesday 30 October 2012

Halloween Party

Here I am with my best friend, Jody. We are in Oregon in the city of Portland.
We helped prepare decorations for a party and helped clean up. Jody supervised a game for children and gave them prizes.
All this, in a very unique setting. It was in a center for gay men and women, where they brought their children to have fun for the holiday coming up, Halloween (Oct 31).
It is a city with a million possibilities, with a liberal point of view and with support. We shared a few hours with couples of both sex with small babies, and children who were older too.
And the feeling was very positive. People felt protected in this environment, as some of them stated. They were a community, they shared common feelings and common problems, one of which was being accepted in the society and by all. Here, they receive support.
For me it was a new experience, and I must say, it was interesting and also lovely to photograph a lot of tiny little children in costumes.
When I get back to Italy I will have time to post them.
For now, I am enjoying this lovely city. And my great friend, Jody.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.