Friday 28 December 2012

AFter Christmas before New Year's

It's one in the morning in Italy.
Had a long long afternoon nap so....
here I am just to say hello and Happy New Year coming up in a few days.

Christmas in Italy, well, not as spirited as it was. Not as many lights out, that is for sure. There is a crisis going on, and people save money on lighting up streets, houses, and stores. You can really see that there is a decline in spending, and now that sales will start, we will find out just how many people are waiting for them and finally spending.
Stores during the days before Christmas didn't look very busy, and people were not carrying big boxes as they once did years ago.

Anyhow, food and goodies are still very appreciated here in Italy, and we ate very well, and also drank very nice wines and champagne.

New Year's will be spent in Siena this year, so that will be fun. If it is like another year, they lit up the main Piazza del Campo with wonderful lighting all around, and it was really beautiful.

Time to hit the hay, as they say (to go to bed) so, off I go.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.