Saturday 17 May 2014

Yesterday -- television and Perugia Comics

VERY DIFFICULT to find more enjoyable company to be with. CARTOONISTS are really a special group of people.
Yesterday I had the honor to be included in Perugia Comics, in the Rocca Paolina (an underground city in Perugia's center, an extraordinary place to see and to be inside of). It was the event's second time, with some amazing cartoonists who can whip up drawings of famous cartoon personalities, as well as their own creations, which they have published in books, magazines and other editorial products.
Here are a few photos of the event during the day, as well as a conference by a young illustrator and presentation of his book with extraordinary drawings.
The evening ended up at the Biblioteca delle Nuvole where a huge buffet was served and cake after cake at the end!
Today, another similar day of illustrating (mine are certainly more illustrative, but I was happily invited into this joyous group of very talented cartoonists for this event) and will try out some new materials today all day long.....9.30-19.30.

ALSO, ON TELEVISION YESTERDAY.....

 a special regarding the huge exhibition, Drawing Masters on "Il Settimanale" on Rai TV, where my piece created for this show (San Francesco with one eye of stainless steel where the viewer can see himself) was given particular attention, and mention of my name during the transmission.

Yesterday as well, another television special regarding my show Seymour c'est moi was repeated on air  on Tef and Sky channel three times. Here are pictures from those two programs:


Medieval Intruder (mixed medium, acrylic)

 Various paintins from my exhibition Seymour c'est moi




 Conference during Perugia Comics

 Marco Cannavò relaxing (who knows why!!!), creator of this marvelous event
 FOUR well-known cakes from this region
 Old buddy from the past, amazing cartoonist, Moreno Chiacchiera (left) with friend

 These guys really know how to have fun (Marco Cannavò, left, Sergio Cavallerin to the right.

 Don't know all of the yet, but today is another chance. Some amazing artwork
 being produced by these people.
 Claudio Ferracci (Biblioteca delle Nuvole), Sergio Cavallerin (Star Shop) and
 Marco Cannavo, all three very active in creating this event

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.