Sunday 8 June 2008

Papi's Poppies - I Papaveri di Papi





















































A VERY FUN ITALIAN LESSON, AND A FUN ENGLISH ONE TOO
Pay attention closely....

Papi in Italian means father. Poppy in English means papavero. Of course, in Italian you pronounce Papi, Poppy.
In the following pictures Papi (my children's father) shows you just how poppies are made, starting with how they grow in a nice little bud, which you open up having first guessed if inside it will be pink, white or red. Yes, in Italy those are the colors of poppies. Not like in California where they are orange....
So...come into the woods to enjoy Papi while he shows you how poppies are neatly folded away in their own little neat packaging. So sorry that a couple of photos are out of focus, but the leash was in my hand, and the dog was pulling while I was shooting Papi's poppies.
PLEASE NOTE HOW DIFFICULT IT MUST BE TO STICK A POPPY INTO ITS BUD AS PAPI SEEMED TO DO HERE!!! WONDER HOW HE DID THAT!!??

UNA LEZIONE DIVERTENTE IN ITALIANO E PURE IN INGLESE

Attenzione prego!

Papi in Italiano significa padre. Poppy in inglese significa papavero. Naturalmente in inglese si pronuncia Papi, Poppy.

Nelle seguente fotografie Papi (il padre delle mie figlie) vi mostra come sono fatti papaveri, cominciando con come crescono in un piccolo bulbo che bisogna aprire dopo aver indovinato se dentro ci sia rosa, bianco oppure rosso. Sì, in Italia questi sono i colori di papaveri. Non come in California dove sono arancione...

Allora, vieni nel bosco a divertirti con Papi mentre ti mostra come i papaveri sono ordinati nei loro propri pacchetti. Scusate che qualche foto è fuori fuoco, ma il guinzaglio era nella mia mano ed il cane mi ha tirato mentre tiravo i papaveri di Papi.
PER FAVORE NOTATE QUANTO E' DIFFICILE METTERE UN PAPAVERO DI NUOVO DENTRO IL SUO BULBO....CHISSA' COM'E' RIUSCITO PAPI A FARE QUESTO!!!??!!




















WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.