Friday 13 June 2008

SAY CHHHIIIIINNAA!!!

RED PANTS IN CHINA

I spent 6 weeks in Dalian, China in the summer of 2007 where I photographed people from a meter's distance away. At Palazzo Trinci, Foligno, Italy from July 31 - August 24, 2008 I will exhibit 90 photographs during the show "Incontri RavviCINAti: Orizzonti Orientali" ( Close Enocunters: Oriental Horizons) during the event Humourfest, an international competition of illustration, this year's theme being the Olympic Games of Beijing.

This woman was entering a public restroom when I gestured "Can I take your photo?" - she posed, and the photo of her became a moment to remember. Smiles after smiles filled my days and my cameras, and because of this, the city of Dalian became the place where I felt more at ease than any other city in the world where I have been so far.

Construction workers, artists creating art, hairdressers, I stopped them all to ask for a photo: our mutual curiousity made the photo-taking a memorable happening. To view the Comune of Foligno's webpage announcing Stephanie Seymour's exhibition, click on the following link:

http://www.comune.foligno.pg.it/canale.asp?id=2362


PANTALONI ROSSI IN CINA

Ho passato 6 settimane a Dalian, Cina durante l'estate 2007 dove ho fotografato la gente da una distanza di un metro. Al Palazzo Trinci, Foligno dal 31 luglio - 24 agosto, 3008 avrò un'esposizione di 90 fotografie alla mostra Incontri RavviCINAti: Orizzonti Orientali durante l'evento Humourfest, un concorso internazionale di illustrazione, quent'anno il tema i giochi olimpionici di Beijing.

Questa donna stava entrando in un bagno pubblico quando le ho chiesto tramite dei gesti "Ti posso fotografare?" lei si è messa in posa e quel momento di scattare la foto è diventato un ricordo speciale. Sorrisi dopo sorrisoi mi hanno riempito le mie giornate e le mie macchine fotografiche e per questo la città di Dalian, è diventata il posto dove mi sono sentita più al mio agio di qualsiasi posto dove sono stata al mondo finora.

Costruttori, artisti che facevano l'arte, parucchieri, li ho fermati tutti per chidere una fotografia: la nostra curiosità uno per l'altro ha fatto dell'esperienza un avvenimento memorabile.
Per vedere il sito web del Comune di Foligno con la pagina della mostra fotografica, vi prego cliccare il seguente link:

http://www.comune.foligno.pg.it/canale.asp?id=2362



No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.