Monday 4 July 2011

NOTTE BIANCA A PONTE S. GIOVANNI

When they close off a MAJOR street in a town, and open it to many musical bands of all kinds of music, put out tables to serve something to eat and drink, put up art shows, invite a well-known illustrator to draw portraits of people, and you walk along the street seeing people you haven't seen for 20 or so years (all the people in the town of Ponte S. Giovanni, Perugia were out that night!!) well....it is just FABULOUS! And that is what it was on July 2, last Saturday night, where I exhibited five of my new art pieces and met my old and dear friend Moreno Chiacchera drawing cartoon portraits of people passing by.

Quando chiudono una strada principale in una città e l'aprono a tanti band musicali, mettere fuori tavoli per servire qualcosa da mangiare e bere, mettere su un'esibizione, invitano un grande street artist (Diego) a dipingere un muro con un allegro disegno, e cammini su la strada incontrando gente che non vedi anche da 20 anni (tutti della città di Ponte S. Giovanni erano fuori quella sera!) beh....è stato proprio favoloso!! E il 2 luglio, Sabato sera, ho esibito cinque dei miei nuovi lavori e ho incontrato il mio carissimo vecchio amico Moreno Chiacchera che disegnava ritratti della gente che veniva a fargli visita. Che serata!

Esibizione di quadri
Painting exhibition

The whole street closed off to traffic
Tutta la strada chisa al traffico

Exhibition
Esibizione

Friend of Gabriele Mancini...I met great street artist Diego Della Posta
Amico di Gabriele Mancini...ho conosciuto quella sera Diego Della Posta grande street artist

What a great atmosphere!
Che atmosfera!

Artist Mancini, for White Night.
Artista Mancini per Notte Bianca

People everywhere, in every plaza
Gente dappertutto in ogni piazza

Moreno Chiacchera, well-known illustrator in England, and other countries and great cartoonist
Moreno Chiacchera, illustratore conosciuto in inghilterra e altri paesi e bravo fumettista.



Fun meeting Diego
Divertente conoscere Diego






Diego on a ladder
Diego sul scalandrino

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.