Wednesday 25 July 2012

SEAFOOD RESTAURANT IN ITALY

Well......this was a first for me! From Follonica on the Tirrenian Sea, friends and I drove to Piombino. This is the port town where I have been before, but only to take the boat to Sardegna or Elba Island.
This town is incredible!! It is really lively, just like the towns on Elba Island. The buildings and archways, and little houses are fascinating, brightly lit, and filled with tourists. It was a lovely place for a before-dinner walk.
Then, we had the pleasant surprise of a little and popular restaurant, very artsy, walls covered with casual paint and modern paintings. The food was excellent, and very nicely served. The name of the restaurant is "La Taverna  dei Boncompagni"

Taverna dei Boncompagni (click right here for their website!)

and here is another link that talks about them.....

http://www.tripadvisor.it/ShowUserReviews-g187900-d1238279-r134399287-Taverna_dei_Boncompagni-Piombino_Province_of_Livorno_Tuscany.html


While at the table I took photos of my plate and those of my husband's and our friends...here they are:
THIS is an antipasto -- served on a square plate, many delicacies, including gazpacho with shrimp, smoked salmon, and other delicious items
 This was my plate, an oven-cooked fish, a wonderful sauce with saffron, and a little vegetable kind of quiche, really tasty with the sauce
This is MY antipasto, different from the above one...I don't care for mussels, so they brought me this variation, which was excellent.

This is a fish soup, Caciucco, a specialty of the area

This may seem like a repetition of the above, but actually it is another person's plate, amazingly looks just like the top one doesn't it!!!

 I cannot even begin to tell you how incredibly delicious this was. The chocolate was to die for!!! When you eat the real thing, you realize how bad other chocolate is....and this chocolate cake, though small, was out of this world!!!!!!!!!!
This was better or almost as good as the chocolate cake. They were both superb!! This was a cold, ice cream cake with pistacchio. And the berry sauce on the side and the cherries on the top......what an experience!!



No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.