Sunday 6 May 2012

Notebook ladies

Coloured pencils, good paper, and absolutely no idea where the drawing will begin or end up.
I have been thinking about how the cropping in photoshop confines a space and just what kind of figure can go into that space, with arms and legs of a figure projecting into the corners.
That is my only idea when I started these figures, and the rest comes to me while creating the initial shape, and then color after color.
Here is ESOTICA.
I drew her body and breasts first, and then repeated the design into her hat. The wiggly lines on arms and legs filled in some of the space and gave her a dancing motion. I brightened up some of the colors when almost done, highlightening her skintone with yellow to brighten it up.


Esotica, coloured pencil, 5x8in.


And here is SPLITS. I drew the outside shape, a rectangle, and then wanted the arms and legs to arrive almost to the very corners. The whole figure was pink to start with, then I slowly "checked" in the design, changing colours as I went. I made the colours richer, and highlighted her make-up. I then outlined some of the forms to show some of the shapes of her figure.


Splits, coloured pencil, 6x8in

This one, Swimming took a bit more time due to the layers of the water. Building up colors with pencil is relaxing, and it's interesting just to see the different tones that come out of one colour on top of the other.

Swimming, coloured pencil
6x8in



Question: Am I available to do illustration? Yes!
Question: Are these and other illustrations for sale? Yes they are.
Contact me at 
seemoreart_4u@yahoo.com




No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.