Wednesday 26 September 2012

Going back home to L.A.

All these years living in Italy, the sentence I hear most is
Do you like Italy?
The next sentence I hear most after that is,
What is a woman from Los Angeles doing in Italy?

Too long to go into here, and now.
BUT I will say that the thing that hits me most when I go back is: take a guess from this list

1. The weather
2. The food
3. Friendliness
4. The wealth
5. Space
6. How far away it is from Italy
7. The beauty
8. The fun
9. How many people I still know there
10. All of the above

and the answer is...................................number 5, S P A C E

It is THE thing that surprises me the most, as soon as I get out onto the street in front of the airport, those huge limosines, and big cars, big streets, but mostly space to move around in!
You don't bump your car door into the next one in the parking lot, you can walk on the sidewalks (well, in front of the airport there is a narrow one where I get the bus to go to the Valley where my parents still live) and then, space on the freeways, in the markets, in the movies, in the shopping malls, at the parks, on the sidewalks, everywhere...lots and lots of what we don't have in Italy, SPACE.

Have lots to do and will have some interesting news to share so. Please excuse me, but for the moment, I'll say "Ciao".

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.