Friday 27 July 2012

CAMBIO FESTIVAL at the Palazzo di Assisi

http://www.cambiofestival.it/2012/palazzo.html

I LOVE it when I make new discoveries, new places that are often nearby, like in the case of last night.
We drove about twenty minutes to get to the area of Assisi, in Umbria. Umbria is the region where I live, in Perugia, and Assisi is not too far from here, in the direction of Rome.
We went to the Palazzo di Assisi, and were pleasantly surprised at such a magnificent structure. Inside, in the courtyard of this palace, was the viewing of  "Single and Food" by friend, photographer, Vinhicio Drappo. A very interesting collection of single people, and the foods they prepare for themselves!
The photos were projected on an ancient wall of the buildings in the courtyard, while people dined on original tables created out of cardboard (very clever indeed, thanks to Manuela!). The atmosphere was original, interesting and delightful on a summer's night, in the open air. We talked with fellow photographers, comparing our knowledge and gaining new knowledge from the experts.
In the next courtyard a concert was being held.
A wonderful place to visit, I highly recommend it. If you want to see something truly magical, visit the Cambio Festival (link above). Or during the day, you can visit the area, and stop in at the bar next door for an ice cream, which they say is excellent.
PS Also, an exhibition of Antonio Meneghetti of magnificent large glass sculptures, and orignal and ingenious photographs elaborated by Simone Zoccheddu. Both outstanding exhibitions.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.