Thursday 2 August 2012

Donkeys....and bicycles

Amazing but true!


I was at the beach the other week, at Follonica. It had been years since I had been on a bike, and so I tried it again, and like they say, you DO remember how to ride a bike. Even after 10 years!!

Anyhow, my friend and I rode the bikes to where they have lots of donkeys of all sizes. What a sight to see, and how loving they are, mothers nursing the young, the youngsters running around (they DO trot quite quickly) and all of them thirsty, drinking from water together.

Then, I spotted this donkey in another area of the yard.
There he or she was. With a parked bicycle. Amazing!!

I really don't know just when he had parked it, or how long he had gone on it, but they do say that these particular kind of donkeys RIDE their bikes!! I was shocked to hear that!!

Anyhow, next time I am in that area, I am going to go back and wait. I will wait until I get a picture of donkeys riding. It will certainly be a first, but when you love taking photographs as I do, you always are looking for just the right shot.
D  O  N  K  E  Y
Here he or she is....trying not to look suspicious, so that no one will take his or her bike.

Getting him here was lucky too, he could have been further away from the bike and not just there in the middle of the doorway. I believe he must have been there to protect his bike though. I haven't even heard of a donkey using a lock to protect his bicycle from theives, from DONKEY theives perhaps. What a laugh, even just THINKING about that one !!! HA HA!!!  Now THAT would be absurd and ridiculous!

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.