Tuesday 22 January 2013

The Danger of Maple Syrup

Incredible. Just INCREDIBLE!!
I left Los Angeles a few months ago and what did I forget, and put into my CARRY-ON rather than my suitcase?
A big bottle of AUNT JEMIMA's Maple syrup.
What a shame!! They took it away from me (I couldn't have drunk the whole thing there at the airport, unless perhaps I helped it down with a few pancakes or waffles).
I was so disappointed!!!
Now, my husband, who just returned from a trip to Los Angeles, kindly bought me another bottle of the real maple syrup, in a glass bottle.
His suitcase got held up in Paris, and he returned here to Perugia without the case.
Guess what!!!
They broke open the suitcase to check.....you guessed it! The maple syrup looked suspicious, I guess they were thinking it was going to be used to blow up the plane (rather than blow up my stomach!).
Well, luckily the syrup made it, but it cost us a lock on the suitcase.
Sure is difficult to get maple syrup into this country, that is for sure.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.