Tuesday 29 April 2014

One great thing about being an artist

Today I had an enormous pleasure of having a show, and being an artist.
I had the fun, enlightment, pure joy of meeting several wonderful people, right there in my exhibition space.
I never would have imagine that a young man, probably somewhere in his late thirties, would be so pleasant, so interesting so enjoyabe and POSITIVE!
He had two broken fingers, had escaped having perhaps a very dangerous accident (instead of his fingers being crushed, his head could have been so!). But he was smiling, and happy that he had had good luck in not having worse happen.
Every word he said was posibive. HIs viewpoint on life was so extraordinary, and his desire to know about art, and his own artistic pursuits, was totally a surprise and a welcome from those people who are so negative, and have nothing to share.
It was really a wonderful encounter, and I felt that I had been taken somewhere into the past, far away from today's real world. Which I imagine is something to say for the people one meets nowadays.
So totally refreshing. And he too, enjoyed meeting me, which was a very nice thing.
Then...............
I met a very pleasant woman. So open and friendly and fun to speak too. She will return most likely, and we were both happy to meet one another.
Also, another elderly man, an extraordinary personality, an important man involved in so many different fields from sports, to the theater. Very good conversationalist. Excellent day, and I realized that having a show just may attract people interested in culture. And if they are really interested, then perhaps they too have a lot to offer themselves. For me, today, it was like that. And what a day it was!!

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.