Monday 2 November 2015

Back to L.A. but this time with a different head



Usually I get to Los Angeles after about a year. I come from Italy, so I exchange pasta and pizza and parmigiano for Indian and Chinese and Thai food, American coffee, cakes, sandwiches.

I also exchange tiny little European streets in the town I live in (Perugia, Italy) with huge freeways, large houses, big cars, everything looks huge compared to here.

Also....there is a lot of constant activity that is different from the activity here, more phonecalls, more appointments to see people at restaurants, lots of walking around the neighborhood seeing different things that are going on, dogs being walked, people jogging. It is all different.

But this time......................

but THIS time.................
it's going to be even more different.
That is, I am different. I recently got back from CHINA.

So...whereas when I used to go to LA. and everything seemed huge, this time, I am not so sure that it is going to seem that way. And when I used to go to LA and it seemed that everything worked so much better than here in Italy, well, after China, I am wondering if it is going to make the same impression (in CHina things work very smoothly, it is just amazing!).

I don't like to generalize, it is dangerous to do so. You can't take a country and say "this country does everything perfectly, or this country doesn't work at all". That shows a mind that isnìt being realistic, a way of thinking that just can't be right.
But anyhow, this time, going to LA.will be different for me, because after China, like I said, I am different.
Should be interesting.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.