Sunday 24 November 2019

SARDINE DEMONSTRATION IN PERUGIA ITALY - and interview



It was an exciting day in Perugia, Italy, when thousands (perhaps 7,000?) literally poured onto the main streets of the town, in the name of solidariety, peace  and looking to promote goodwill and acceptance of all people, rather than the hate and agressive language and behavior we have been used to lately, due to the political climate in Italy.

The sardines are a symbol of the thousands of people, crushed together like sardines in a can, filling the various cites of Italy and beyond, looking to unite and promote a new era, completely in the opposite direction of who is currently in power.

Click on this link to see (in Italian) myself being 
interviewed, as well as several other people who
 partecipated in the demonstration with their sardines as symbols. 

                           SARDINES IN PERUGIA



That is me in the center with my sardine that says PESCE AND LOVE (a play on words, rather than peace, I changed the letter to spell PESCE, which means, in Italian, FISH)
Two lovely girls that I met on the street, with their handmade sardines.

Lovely friends in Perugia, Pietro Crocchioni, artist and wife, Giuliana with their own sardine, painted by Pietro!





Fun and more new friends and sardines filling the streets. Some of the
 people are holding MY fish in order to let me use my camera to take these pictures.

A HUGE celebration, probably between 5,000 to 7,000 people.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.