Tuesday 14 October 2008

WHERE DO I BEIJING!!?? -----------Dove comincio??





Where do I begin? Or, where do I Beijing!!


1. Ask through gestures if you can take a photo in China.


2. Take the photo and gesture if they would like to receive their photo.


3. Gesture for them to write their name and have them write their address: if it is a long writing it MAY be the address too, otherwise, draw a picture of a house (with chimney...to give a clear idea)


4. HOPE that you are getting what you are asking for, but you won't know unless you have someone translate. ***LOOK FOR ONE OF MY UPCOMING POSTS EXPLAINING HOW I DIDN'T GET WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR


5. Write next to each address things like "person I sat with at lunch", "boy who helped me find the photo shop" "girl who walked around with me in the shopping mall" etc. to remember who they each are.


6. Tape or staple all calling cards they give you and write next to each one, something about who they are, or how they helped you, etc.


7. Get back to your originating country, in my case, Italy


NOW THE FUN PART BEGINS.....


(TAKE A LOOK AT SOME OF THESE PHOTOS TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA.....)
The girl, my daughter's and my friend too, Luna, helped me to organize this very difficult chore...but I will explain that on another POST coming up.

8. Put the addresses on the different packages (inside were my catalogues, photos of the people that I had met who were also part of my photography show), newspaper articles that mentioned some of the people and my adventures meeting them, and LET ME TELL YOU!!!
It was quite a job getting all the packages organized....because each package had something different!

9. FINALLY I put them into different packages and prepared them for my husband's trip to China, which was just a couple of days ago.
COMING UP........HOW THE CHINESE GAVE ME THEIR ADDRESSES AND CALLING CARDS AND JUST WHAT PROBLEMS I HAD WITH THAT!

Italiani!!! E' proprio troppo spiegare tutto questo
in Italiano....vi invito a fare un commento in fondo
sotto "commenti" e prometto che vi rispondo con
l'italiano. Nel frattempo credo e spero che le foto
spiegherano quanta confusione c'è per uno come
me che non capisce il Cinese...e senza la
collaborazione di un Cinese, non ce lo fai a
scrivere gli indirizzi da spedire in Cina.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.