Saturday 19 March 2011

Japanese gift - a story Il regalo Giapponese - una storia

I was on the metro in Perugia, and I saw a Japanese couple in front of me. I was going to the opening of my art show in town, and I invited them to come, giving them an invitation.

At the show, shortly after arriving, I saw the couple walk in. I was busy talking to many people, including a journalist asking me questions. All of a sudden the woman gave me a little package. I took it and thanked them.

After a few minutes I looked for them to be able to talk with them again, but they had left. I never was able to talk with them, or thank them more.

I kept the box for a year. I knew that inside there was something to eat, either little cookies or sweets and I didn't want to ruin the lovely packaging of the gift itself by opening it.

After one year, just recently, I opened the box and found, to my surprise, these most lovely little sweets. The whole story about this couple left me with a happy yet sad feeling. They were so discreet, leaving and not wanting to take my attention away from the opening day of my show. I often think of this....


Stavo sul metro a Perugia in Italia quando ho visto una coppia giapponese davanti. Andavo all'inaugurazione della mia mostra in città, e così ho invitato anche loro.

Alla mostra, poco dopo il mio arrivo, ho visto entrare la coppia. Ero molto impegnata a parlare con la gente ed anche con una giornalista. All’improvviso la donna mi ha dato in mano un pacchetto. L’ho preso e li ho ringraziato.

Dopo qualche minuto li ho cercati volendo parlare con loro, ma non c’erano più. Non sono mai riuscito a parlare con loro né ad avere i loro nomi.
Ho tenuto la scatola per un anno, perché era troppo bella e non volevo rovinare la bellezza della carta esterna che era così carina. Sapevo che dentro c’era qualcosa da mangiare, o biscotti oppure dolci. Dopo un anno l’ho aperto e con sorpresa ho scoperto delle piccole caramelle dentro.
La storia di questa coppia mi ha lasciato felice ma anche triste. Erano talmente discreti, non volendo avere la mia attenzione mentre ero impegnata con altri durante l’inaugurazione della mostra. Spesso penso a questa storia…..

























No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.