Wednesday 6 April 2011

Japanese dolls

Many many years ago I received this wooden doll from a Japanese friend who lived in Naples. She was married and had two girls. She told me "When I was little my mother taught me to be a good person, but now I have to teach my children to be careful and to watch out for people. My mother gave me this doll so that I wouldn't feel alone. I am giving it to you so you don't feel alone." What a marvelous thought and lovely gift.

Tantissimi anni fà ho ricevuto questa bambola da un'amica giapponese che abitava a Napoli. Era sposata e aveva due bambine. Mi ha detto "Quando ero piccola mia madre mi ha insegnato ad essere una brava persona, ma ora devo insegnare a mie figlie di stare attente ed essere caute con le persone. Mia madre mi ha dato questa bambola per non sentirmi sola. Ora la do a te, così anche tu non ti sentirai sola". Che meravigliosa pensiero e bellissimo regalo.


A Japanese co-worker of my husband's broght me these exquisite dolls that his mother handmade just for me! And yes, I do admire the beauty of them and especially the thought behind them, someone making dolls to give as a gift....and what a gift!

Un Giapponese collega di mio marito mi ha portato queste bambole squisite che ha fatto sua madre per me! E sì, amiro la bellezza di loro e soprattutto il pensiero che qualcuno ha fatto delle bambole da dare come regalo....e che regalo!





No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.