Thursday 29 March 2012

Perugia Italy - a walk around the old center of town

 
CORSO VANNUCCI - THE main street in town, on the top of a hill. One walks back and forth from one end to the other. In fact, they say "Facciamo due vasche" meaning, let's do two laps. From here you go down in many directions, finding arches, small streets, views of nearby cities and even Assisi in the distance.

Been living here for much longer than I lived in the States. With all its many problems, Italy still is a gorgeous place. This city, in the heart of Italy, is right between Florence and Rome. The view, the air, is beautiful. Here are some photos of the old center of Perugia - the city, on a hilltop, has magnificent views. And walking on the main corso and around the center, you get your exercise, as well as the possibility to admire the wonderful old buildings.

University for Foreigners to the right in the back. That is where I went to study Italian when I got to Perugia many years ago.

The curve beyond the University for Foreigners has this view.

The stairway (great exercise going up this one!) of the Acquadotto of Perugia. One of the most beautiful sections of the old city.

From the street view looking down at the staircase mentioned above.


Photo taken from the National Museum in the center of town.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.