Sunday 5 August 2012

FRANCO VENANTI - exhibition at Corciano


Well-known artist Franco Venanti opened his exhibition at the magnificent Chiesa di San Francesco in Corciano, Perugia, yesterday, August 4, 2012 during the event Corciano Festival.
Here is a link regarding the details of the exhibition and several photographs taken during the opening.

http://www.beniculturali-patrimoni.it/articolo.php?id_pubblicazione=42968


Corciano is a town not far from Perugia. It's a hill town, a beautiful little place with lovely stone buildings, churches and much Umbrian atmosphere. Here is the entrance to The San Francesco Church, right at the base of the center of town.

Here is a band which accompanies openings of events. In the crowd are many artist friends, people in the field of publishing and people of the city hall of the town.


In the center of this photo, painter Franco Venanti. 
Magnificent works admired by the public on opening day. 


The presentation of the event.



Franco Venanti, painter.
Carlo Ponti, art critic and Franco Venanti.

The exhibition.


One of Venanti's works.

Often seen in his hat, here is Venanti photographed from behind. 
Here I am with Italian/Australian painter, Antonio Muratore (who presently has a show at Ex Chiesa di Santa Maria della Misericordia, Perugia), Franco Venanti, and Marina Matteucci of the Provincia of Perugia.




Happy to be photographed with Franco Venanti, here I am together with the artist inside the exhibition yesterday. 






No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.