Tuesday 9 October 2012

Sofas on the streets

Living in Italy I see things that are wrong, everyday. It's a small country and it is a country that is packed with people, cars, winding roads. It is a beautiful land, with castles, hillsides, clouds that line the skies and magnificent sunsets.
And in the middle of this beauty the flaws stand out too. Easily seen, and not appreciated. We get used to the trash on the streets, the washing machine thrown away in some otherwise lovely view. Not all the time, and not everywhere, but it is obvious that there is still a lot to learn. And a civic sense is missing, not learned or respected by all.
Driving down the streets here, I see many sofas thrown away, right onto the sidewalks, ready for someone to drive by and pick up. If the view behind them was more interesting it would be great picture-taking material. The sofas are huge, ready to seat 5 easily. Well, maybe four.
What are they doing there? Who put them there? what were they thinking? And what waste!!
Waste waste waste. Just a phonecall and the sofa could be in someone's house, somewhere, doing some good.
Even in America they have their problems. The problems they have start from the people that don't know right from wrong, and who don't care. Not only Italy has their problems, all countries do.
This is a small one, but every time I see a little problem here, it makes me think, and definitely reflect about all countries. None of them are without their problems.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.