Tuesday 4 June 2013

What is being ironic mean?

NOW........................
I do hope that my female friends appreciate these little watercolors.
Let me get to the subject of this post: being ironic, to me, is being able to laugh at one's self. It is seeing humor in many things, or, as in my case, in almost everything.
When I see things, I can see something else....a body becomes a face. A cloud may contain figures, or a situation seems serious whereas it actually is funny. I don't know if I can really explain it, but for me, just about everything in life has the possibility for humor. And as I often say, in serious situations that actually are a little funny, "If this was in a film you would be laughing now."
Things often have double meanings, either visual or verbal. I guess my main characteristic is that I am ironic. In my artwork, most of the pieces that best express who I am, contain this factor.
As these figures above.
They really express my sense of humor. And to take it one step further....even one of them sort of expresses who I really am.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.