Thursday 22 August 2013

Birthday in Perugia, Italy

A great birthday. A FULL birthday! A fun one, with my close family (both girls home), and seeing a show, painting a little, and doing things around town.

.

 Here is Rosa at her home with Fatia.
 Went over early in the morning to pick up my friend staying at Rosa's house. 

Rosa is such a positive and delightful lady!

And here is my dear friend Clare with Rosa. 

Then, Clare and I went up to the center of Perugia for breakfast! 

And Clare presented me with a wonderful green expresso coffee maker for my studio! A little package with chocolates inside and lovely postcard. 
One of the most magnificent places to have breakfast, or a drink or a full meal, is right at the top of the mini metro with an amazing view. 
Then, I just had to go to my little studio, right in the center of Perugia. 
My dear friend Gheslaine showed up, presenting me with a lovely rose.
I started a tiny oil painting, just to celebrate my birthday (the very beginning of it, many changes surely to come soon). 
Then, I walked out onto the main street of town to take the mini metro home. 
My daughter made lunch for me, and an original dessert. 
At about 5pm my girls and I took one of the scenic stairways into the center of town. 
One of the views from Porta Sole 
My daughters taking pictures of one another 
Beautiful weather, a bit windy and sunny. 
Then, we went to the wonderful photography/sculpture show of my good friend Rita Taticchi, being held in the Rocca Paolina. The theme of the show is on the stairways of Perugia. A very interesting show, of the many wonderful stairs there are throughout the city. Her sculptures too are on this theme, very original and delightful pieces. 
Here I am in the fascinating Rocca Paolina right outside of my friend's show. 

The day continued with photos of the lake.....to be continued on the next post

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.