Tuesday 28 October 2014

Milan, Italy

Hadn't been to Milan for years. Great city!
Vibrant (trams, metro, great looking shop windows, beautiful fashion and well-dressed people)
Exciting (lots going on, you can feel it in the air, hear it in the coonversations around you!)
Beautiful (the buildings the churches, the advertisements, you can see that this is a city where beauty and good taste are important to the city, and to those who work and live here)
Fun (great little places to eat, huge variety, good things to taste, every kind of food all over the place...especially sushi places, very popular here)
Here I am in La Galleria, a most beautiful structure covered with a rooftop. Inside shops and very expensive restaurants (23 euro for a plate of pasta). Wonderful window displays, and lots of tourists taking pictures.
Here is Il Duomo, very impressive, very beautiful with various kinds of marble, mosaic, stained glass work, giving one much to admire in an enormous structure. Here a mass with choir was taking place.
Boutiques line some of the streets of the city, and prices soar to the sky. There is no limitation in what they sell, jewel-covered shoes, childrens' clothing with prices that would and rightly should clothe an entire family. Shocking, and yet, beautiful.
The beginning of fall and a little visit to the famous Cattolica University, with well cared for gardens, and sculptures inside the building, bustling with students.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.