Tuesday 2 February 2016

What can YOU do?

ONE THOUSAND BLANKETS
a grassroots group recently created to help out...
who?
The migrants in Lesbos Greece. It is winter time there, they are in need of blankets. They are in desperate need of warmth, and what easier way to help out than by giving them warm blankets. Blankets to cover with, and to line their tents with.
Want to help? One way to find blankets is at the marketplace (here in Perugia) where they sell them for as little as one euro each. Already a friend here asked me to buy them for her, and it was a great way to help fill large bags with blankets and sleeping bags that will surely be a big help in this emergency.

Check out the link on FB ONE THOUSAND BLANKETS

Here is a picture of new friend Luciana who came to pick up bags of blankets, warm jackets and a few other items of clothing (warm tights, scarves, etc). She and another friend will be going there to help, and from what we briefly discussed, all help is needed desperately. 

If you would like to help, please check out this link

Thank you.





No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.