Tuesday 29 May 2012

SIENA - living on top of rooftops

When one buys or rents a home in a place like Siena, Italy, you don't just buy a home...you buy a view!!! The mornings mean waking up to history! Swallows flying in the sky, clouds, magnificent scenery that goes on and on in the distance....it is just beautiful!!
Of course, living in a house like this means climbing up step after step to get to the very top of a buidling that was built probably beginning in the 1200-1300's...and that is old! There were no elevators then, and the people rarely put one in nowadays. It wouldn't be bad to walk up, but usually you have something in your hands, like shopping or a suitcase. That is how I was just a couple of days ago.
Here is a view of just one "rondine" a swallow flying over the magnificent rooftops of Siena. What a happy little birdie he must be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravissima!

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.