Monday 10 September 2012

Occupied by Art - Susan Chandel in Maine

Susan Chandel, artist, writer, musician, has come up witn an incredible idea in the state of Maine and here it is on Youtube: Occupied by Art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAm1S7fVtJ8&feature=share

The film says it all, but let me just say what I feel about Susan.

Several years ago an artist I had met in NY sent me the link to a peace website, knowing I love to travel and love meeting people and getting them together as well. This website was the hub for artists, poets, writers, and not only. We were 22,000 people when the site fell apart, unfortunately, due to much internal confusion and even some ugly things that went on (as they can) behind the scenes.

It was a huge disappointment, because I and others had been involved in some very interesting groups, and online friendships had been created.

One of the most CREATIVE ladies I met on the site, and have kept in touch with, is SUSAN CHANDEL. She is so filled with ideas and a positive attitude, although she has been through so much in her life, her personality and lust for life has helped her get through very hard times.

We are still in touch every so often, and I did buy a book she wrote  "The Dream was to Soar Through Walls" of her poetry and memoirs.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/susan-chandel/the-dream-was-to-soar-through-walls/ebook/product-16302380.html

Take a look at the video for a look through her artsy house in Maine and listen to her story.
Wonderful person, fabulous creative artist.

Hi there Susan, good luck to you and all you are doing.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.