Monday 3 September 2012

The meaning of the word DURO

DId you realize I have a little Italian lesson going on in this blog?
Today I wrote the meaning of the word "Duro", and it means hard, but not only....
If you want to learn a little Italian, follow my blog, and read the section about Italian lessons.
Piano piano....slowly slowly you may learn Italian! 

DURO -- hard. La vità è dura. I changed the last letter here, and the sentence means life is hard. BUT life is feminine, so....you must use an a at the end and not an o. Il pane è duro. The bread is hard. BUT also, you can say that someone is duro and that means that they just don't get things. That they are sort of dense. It's not very nice to say about people, but lots of people just don't get things and molte persone sono dure. Here I changed the last letter again, because persone is plural, and is feminine and ends with e. So duro, becomes dure (yes, even if a lot of those people who don't get things, are men, and THEY are masculine!)

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.