Sunday 19 August 2012

Night Owl at Torgiano

It's hot, like it is in many parts of the world right now. I'm living most of my hours awake at night, just like an owl, and during the day it is difficult to not to want (or neeed) to take a nap. The heat knocks us out!

We are living with the floor fans on, a ceiling fan, and look forward to the late evening cooling off.
In fact, last night after my art show in Torgiano, I actually feel chilly! The breeze was blowing and I had to borrow another shawl from my friend, who didn't feel cold like I did.

Now, at almost 6pm it is unbearable in the house. Just another hour and we will take off for Torgiano, hot there too, but air-conditioned car, and then a nice dinner outside with a bit of a breeze.

In my exhibition space it is pretty warm but we have two fans going all the time. I turn off the lights to keep things cooler, then when the people come in I turn them off.

It's a really nice festival, with music every evening, friends who drop in, and nice new people I am meeting. Always nice to meet people who like to talk about art, always enjoyable to discuss art with sensitive people.
Anyhow, almost time to get ready, another shower (can't have enough of them lately) and off we go. Will stop on the way to take some photographs, because the view driving to Torgiano is magnificent.
I'll be there tonight for anyone who wants to drop in to see my artwork and say hello. If you get there early, join us for dinner.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.