Saturday 6 October 2012

Artist, art shows

After dinner my parents and I went to an art show. First of all my parents are not young, not on the OUTSIDE. When you are 90 years old, it doesn't mean that you have to sit around at home, no...you can LIVE and take part in what is happening on the outside! It is a great thing to see, all these elder Americans enjoying, participating, and being active and creative.

We went to an art show about fifteen minutes from our house. It was a collective show, and the pieces, subject matter and even the medium seemed quite different from what I normally see in Italy.
LOTS of color, lots of humor and light-heartedness. Not all pieces, no, there were many serious pieces as well. But lots of pieces were fun, and much collage and use of unusual materials and techniques were used.

I met artists, and people who are promoting art. There are a lot of people who want culture and art to survive! They want artists to have places to show, and they work on this as a project, but not alone...they work together. It was a great thing to see, and to realize that there is more of a feeling of being united in working for things which one believes in. One woman stated that together one can get more done, and I believe that it is true.

The atmosphere was very nice, with outdoor food being served. Inside they had had performances, and I am sorry we came late and missed it.

Interesting and useful visit to this show, with contacts even to visit with artists at their studios.
Just wonderful.
Coming back to my roots. And being very happy to have this opportunity, to share in on the American life, I, an American, who lives so far away from her own culture. And coming back and finding it all new, something new to discover each day.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.